Saturday, June 27, 2009

One Week Countdown Begins!

Oh Heyyy!

So this is my first time blogging! Exciting, right? Even more exciting is the fact that I am one week away from being in Africa! Where the heck has all the time gone? Since the semester ended I have been quite busy with graduation (and graduation parties!), reunion weekend, driving to and staying in Dallas, TX (shout out to my best friend Angela <3), going to a wedding (congrats Erika and Nate!), visiting family, finishing my Bucknell research (FINALLY.), and volunteering at Vacation Bible School. My current location is the Poconos at a family gathering. This is the last time I will see my parents, siblings, etc. because I am off to stay with fellow BAP traveler Alyson in New Jersey for the week. (BTW - Happy Second Annual 21st Birthday, Miss Cobb!)
Not going home again means that I had to pack for the next nine week of my life. Pretty long time to be away from home and out of easy reach, but definitely well worth it. Where am I going for so long? Well, like I said, one week is being spent in Jersey. The following seven glorious weeks (starting July 5th) will be spent in Africa (Southern and Northern Uganda and then Southern Sudan). As for the final week (starting August 23rd), I will be staying with my big brother and his girlfriend in Baltimore. FABULOUS, I know. Actually, this is my second outstanding summer in a row - last year I was able to travel to Southern Sudan and Uganda with Dr. DeeAnn Reeder to conduct a preliminary survey of the bats of Southern Sudan and volunteer at an orphanage. Let's just say I fell in love with the area and am ECSTATIC to return.

Mucho amor <3

Megan Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment